Net-Zero Energy | Built Green® | Energuide R2000 | Energy Star Homes
Okanagan Custom Homes can integrate your new custom home design with green construction methods to be on average 20% more energy efficient. From the designing stages to the building process, the most significant benefits can be obtained when the designer and construction teams take an integrated approach from the earliest stages of building.
We believe that the future of building is in building Net-Zero energy homes. This means your house may produce as much energy as it consumes on a yearly basis, dramatically reducing your home’s energy footprint. Ask our qualified builders how your new home can reduce environmental impact, conserve natural resources and improve affordability.
Are you planning to renovate or improve your home and want to include energy efficient ideas into the process? Ask our team about an EnerGuide home evaluation to see which improvements will save the most on energy bills.
We are fully registered and trained with Natural Resources Canada to design, build and renovate your home to be awarded an Energy Star label and issued a certificate by the Government of Canada.
Potential benefits of an energy efficient green building can include:
- Improved air and water quality
- Enhanced occupant comfort and health
- Minimized strain on local infrastructure
- Reduced operating costs
- Heightened aesthetic qualities
- Reduced waste streams
- Enhanced and protected biodiversity and ecosystems
Energy Star features that make homes more energy efficient and environmentally friendly:
- Heating and cooling systems that use less energy, reduce indoor humidity and improve the overall comfort of your home.
- ENERGY STAR windows, patio doors, and skylights that keep the heat in during the winter and out during the summer.
- Above the building code standard insulated walls and ceilings.
- ENERGY STAR products which use less electricity.
- Controlled ventilation via a heat or energy recovery ventilation system (HRV or ERV).
Our teams extensive experience allows us to apply inexpensive but highly beneficial touches to your custom home. If you are interested in a Net-Zero Energy, Energy Star or EnerGuide home, please feel free to ask us how we can make your home more energy efficient.
Review our EnerGuide, Energy Star and Built Green® Okanagan homes in our portfolio.